What does this policy cover?
This policy describes how Read What It Takes LLC (also referred to as “Read What It Takes”, “we” or “us”) will make use of your data when you browse this website, sign up for updates or purchase products on this website.
It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which Read What It Takes carries out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “What rights do I have?” section.
What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and our websites, and when you purchase goods and services from us. This includes:
- your email address
- your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us;
- information related to the browser or device you use to access our website;
- server log files;
How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- As required by us to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- we will use your information to provide products and services you have requested, and respond to any comments or complaints you may send us;
- we monitor use of our websites and online services, and use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline;
- we use information you provide to personalise our website, products or services for you;
- we use information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our products or services; and
- we will use data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation);
- Where you give us consent:
- we will send you direct marketing in relation to our relevant products and services, or other products and services provided by us
- we place cookies and use similar technologies in accordance with our Cookies Policy and the information provided to you when those technologies are used
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
- For purposes which are required by law:
- in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the communication where this is an electronic message, or by contacting us using the details set out below.
Children under the age of 13:
Who will we share this data with, where and when?
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Personal data will also be shared with third party service providers, who will process it on our behalf for the purposes identified above. Such third parties include providers of website hosting, maintenance and marketing service providers.
Read What It Takes and our third party service providers are located in the United States, so your data will be processed and stored in the US.
What rights do I have?
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
All provision of your information is optional.
How do I get in touch with you?
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at email@example.com.
How long will you retain my data?
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.